Recycling Business Assistance Center (RBAC)
Henry Garrigo is currently a programs analyst in the Waste Reduction (Recycling) Section for the Florida Department of Environmental Protection. In his current role Henry manages several waste management grant programs as well as the Recycling Business Assistance Center and the Florida Recycling Recognition Program. Henry brings over 20 years of business and program management experience to the department having worked in a variety of management roles at Hewlett-Packard, Lenovo International and Intel Corporation. Additionally he served as executive director with the Florida Department of Management Services overseeing contract management practices. Henry has B.S degree from Loyola University in New Orleans and an MBA from the University of Miami. He is looking forward to using his vast business and market development experience to create and expand opportunities for the public and privates sectors to increase waste reduction and recycling activities throughout the state.
Effective July 1, 2010 Florida House Bill 7243, established in subsection 403.7032(5), F.S., a Recycling Business Assistance Center (RBAC) to coordinate between state agencies and the private sector to develop new markets for recyclable materials locally and globally. This center is part of the Florida Department of Environmental Protection. Enterprise Florida provides technical assistance.
RBAC Goals are to:
- Develop partnerships with interested trade organizations and associations
- Build partnerships with other state agencies
- Improve DEP’s online services
- Create Technical Assistance Advisory Group Develop quarterly e-newsletter
- Develop a social media plan (Example: Twitter and FB)
- Explore developing a nonprofit foundation for RBAC to raise funding
- Develop or partner with an existing recognition/awards program
- Provide training for Florida business development
To view the full Agenda for Florida Recycling Markets Workshop view this link: