Recycle your Business Waste
Business advantages of recycling your waste
Your business can gain a number of benefits from recovering and recycling waste. However, remember that waste activities such as recycling and recovery use energy so your priority should be to reduce waste in the first place.
Save and make money
Your business can save money by using better waste management techniques and increasing recycling rates. For example, you can:
- reduce your costs for managing and handling your waste
- spend less on buying goods and materials
- reduce the amount of landfill tax that you pay by reducing the amount of waste you send to landfill
You can often make these savings through little or no capital investment. They are not just one-off savings, but could save your business money year after year.
Customers, employees and potential investors are becoming more aware of environmental responsibility and failure to take action could affect your business’ reputation and profitability. You could attract new customers and win contracts by showing your business is environmentally responsible by:
- using recycled materials in your products
- recycling your own business waste
- making your products and packaging easy for customers to recycle
Recycling your waste also benefits the environment. For example:
- producing recycled aluminium uses 5 % of the energy required to make it from raw material
- recycling two glass bottles saves enough energy to boil water for five cups of tea
- less waste going to landfill will reduce releases of methane, a greenhouse gas that contributes to climate change
NEED ASSISTANCE WITH WASTE RECYCLING?
WE SPECIALIZE IN MATERIALS EXCHANGE
OUR OFFICE SERVES TO CONNECT MATERIALS PRODUCERS AND USERS
Posted in: Company NewsLeave a Comment (0) ↓